1. Open your Google Drive.
2. Go to the desired folder.
3. In the top left corner, click “New.”
…or just right click in the middle of the folder.
Got a PowerPoint you need to convert to Google Slides? Want to collaborate with your team on a key presentation and not happy with MS PowerPoint’s capabilities in this regard? Don’t worry. Converting a .ppt file into a Google Slides presentation will take you less than a minute.
There are two ways to turn a PowerPoint into a Google Slides file. In this piece, we’ll explain both.
4. Select “File upload.”
5. Choose the .ppt file you want to convert.
6. Right click the file, select “Open with,” and “Google Slides.”
7. In the top left, click “File,” and then “Save as Google Slides.”
8. There you have it. You can now edit the file in Google Slides, share it with your team or friends, and work on it collaboratively.
Now, you’ll see two files in your folder. One will be the original .pptx you uploaded, and the other one will be the converted version. If you won’t need to use the former, you can just remove it from your Drive and free up some space.
That was pretty straightforward, right?
Now, there is another way to take your PowerPoint slideshow and make it a Google Slides file. And, you guessed it, it’s equally easy.
1. Go to Google Drive.
2. In the top right corner, open Google apps and select Google Slides.
3. Select a “Blank” presentation.
4. Click on “File” and then “Import slides.”
5. Select “Upload” then drag and drop your .ppt presentation.
6. In the top right corner, select “All,” and in the bottom right, click “Import slides.”
7. You’re good to go, your slides are already saved on your Drive in the Google Slides format.
Note: the advantage of this method is that you only get a GSlides file. There’s no .pptx file taking up your cloud storage space.
Here’s the problem—
Once you convert your PowerPoint to Google Slides, you’re still stuck with a bland, static presentation. That’s the brutal truth.
Your audience won’t be excited by slides. It’s 2023, people’s attention span is shorter than ever. Online, we’re bombarded with fancy animations and interactive visuals.
Your presentation should be as exciting as the most beautiful landing pages. And that’s what we can offer you.
Instead of using obsolete slides, create an interactive, immersive experience for your audience. Try the Storydoc presentation maker. It’s easier to use than PowerPoint, the layout is auto-adjusted and it comes with professionally designed templates.
You can start with one of these beauties:
Or, you can make life even easier for you and upload your .ppt into Storydoc. Our editor will auto-extract your visuals, color palette and adjust the fonts so that your presentation immediately feels yours.
Come on, take the Storydoc presentation maker for a free 14-day spin and see for yourself. Happy creating!
Thanks for reading, I hope you found the article helpful.
Try Storydoc for free for 14 days (keep your decks for ever!)